Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Introdutcion

Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle Walterbach and I am in my last semester at EMU.  I am a 5th year senior in the Aviation Management program.  I started here at EMU undecided, then after a short period of time gave in to my passion for flying.  Flying at Eastern was amazing. I loved it.  I just didn't have the money for it, so after about a year and a half, I switched to Aviation Management.  I will graduate with a dispatch certificate and Certified Member status with AAAE along with my degree.

I grew up loving aviation, so it is only natural that I am making a living out of it. I have loved airplanes ever since I saw Top Gun as a child.  That passion only grew as I got older.  When the time came, I wouldn't consider colleges that didn't have an aviation program.  I eventually settled on EMU because of the location relative to home, the price of tuition, and the level of training offered by the program.

After I graduate I will scour the industry for work.  I currently work for Delta at DTW, so I have a little bit of a plan B for at least the coming summer.  I will be applying for dispatching/flight following jobs wherever they may be and for entry level Airport Authority gigs as well. I am not afraid to move away to find the job that's right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment